All research and teaching projects involving the use of live vertebrate animals must be approved by the Syracuse University Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) prior to procurement of animals for the study. For additional information, contact the IACUC Administrator at 315-443-1690 or email@example.com.
Do you have an approved Animal Use Protocol?
Protocol Submissions – Plan at least 6 weeks for processing of a new protocol from the date of Pre-Review submission. IACUC Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines
Have you and the lab members to be listed on the active protocol completed all prerequisites?
|Vivarium Entrance Checklist|
|Task Name||Offering frequency||Time Allowance||Resource location|
|Chemical Hygiene for Labs class||1 class held monthly in Lyman Hall||2.5 hours||Chemical Hygiene Plan Training Registration Page
|CITI Training||n/a||1-2 hours||CITI
|Amend protocol||n/a||1-2 weeks||IACUC Protocol Amendment Form|
|Medical Evaluation Form||n/a||1-2 weeks||Non-Students
|Contact LAR@syr.edu for orientation after:|
|X||Medical Evaluation authorization has been received by Misty Touchette|
|*Information needed about person signing up: name, lab, email address*|
1) Medical evaluation not submitted
2) Medical evaluation not sent to the correct location
3) Medical evaluation not signed
Are you ready to order animals for your project?
Animals are delivered on Tuesdays. Requests must be in the LAR LSC mailbox (107 College Place room 114) by 2 PM on Mondays in order for animals to arrive the following Tuesday. (Early orders are encouraged!)
1) Submit a requisition or request to your Administrator.
2) The administrator will send the requisition to me for approval. Purchasing requires the LAR facility manager’s signature to authorize a live animal order. This step verifies the request against an approved IACUC protocol.
3) The LAR facility manager sends the requisition on to purchasing and your animals will arrive on the Tuesday you selected.
Your admin will need to know:
- Type of animal, age, sex, number of animals
- Location to deliver (Syracuse University, Life Science Complex, 107 College Place, Research Integrity, Room 017, Syracuse, NY 13244)
- Date of arrival (must be a Tuesday)
- Suggested Vendor
- Notes: Animals are not to be removed from truck until LAR staff meet the driver 443-4544 or 443-4565
Include any special LAR instructions such as housing (single or co)