The Office of Research Integrity & Protections staff supports the university committees responsible for review and oversight of research involving animals and human subjects and works collaboratively with the Environmental Health and Safety Services Office and Microbiological Safety Program to address issues concerning biohazards in research.
Organizationally, ORIP is located within the Office of Research and reports to the Vice President for Research.
The Office of Research Integrity and Protections mission is to:
- Assist Syracuse University faculty, staff and students seeking required research reviews
- Ensure regulatory compliance while facilitating research
- Provide education on the ethical conduct of human and animal research
- Carry out quality improvement activities designed to review and improve efficiency
- Provide administrative support and regulatory advisement to the University’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Offer consultation about research or instructional activities involving animals or human participants
- Provide guidance on meeting regulatory, university, and sponsor requirements pertaining to research
- Assist with research submissions, reporting, and recordkeeping
- Deliver online and in-person educational programs focusing on ethical research and regulatory requirements for faculty, staff, and students
- Maintain the University’s federal assurances and execute cooperative research agreements
Hours of Operation
8:00am-4:30pm-summer (Approximately May 15-August 15)